The first photo was taken in 1957 and shows the original house that stood within extensive gardens on the current Cleve Way and
Clevelands Gardens site. The house was demolished in 1976 when Chichester Diocese purchased the land.
Houses were built with covenants on them so nobody could buy them and the open space now known
as Clevelands Gardens became the responsibility of Billingshurst Parish Council.
Clevelands Gardens is a lovely green open space sitting amongst a number of residential roads and is bordered
on one side by the Church Path, which runs from Station Road to St Marys Church.