Header Image for Billingshurst Parish Council

Complaints Procedure

To help you decide the most appropriate organisation to hear your complaint, please use the table below:

Type of conduct

Complain to

Lack of action by the Council, or poor standard of service

The Clerk to the Council

Financial Irregularity

The Council’s Auditor*

Criminal activity

The Police

Member conduct

Standard’s Committee of Horsham District Council**

Employee conduct

Clerk to the Council, or if about theClerk to the Chairman.

* - The Clerk to the Council can provide you with the contact details for the Council’s Auditor.

** - The Monitoring Officer, Horsham District Council, Park North, North Street, Horsham, West Sussex RH12 1RL. Email: standards@horsham.gov.uk

If you are still unsure where to direct your complaint, please contact the Parish Clerk for advice.

Click here to open the Council's Code of Practice on Handling Complaints.